Friday, October 21, 2011

Searching for the best...






On Saturday we have invited some friends for our traditional "Hunter's meal".  My dad used to go hunting and it was one of the highlight during the year when Emilie prepared the venison. Now I have taken over to do that. Some parts of the menu are the same every year, some courses and side dishes change. It is always a special pleasure for me to search for new recipes and to get inspired. Furthermore I prefer to prepare this dish when the weather is cold and fogy outside. 
This will be the case next Saturday! Jepee!

Hereafter is what I have chosen for this year:

Jellied Chanterelles
with lamb's lettuce 
*
Walnut soup
*
Venison medaillons with cinnamon and star anise
Flour dumplings (freshly made by hubby, they are the best!)
Red cabbage sauteed in red wine
Brussels sprouts mousse
Quince slices sauteed in Aceto 
*
Sweet chestnuts in redwine 
Orange ice cream
*
Coffee
***

Well, that's all. 
I have to go to the shops now!

Bye - see you tomorrow!

♥ Emilie's daughter 



2 comments:

  1. Hello:
    What an absolute feast. And we love the idea of this tradition of a Hunter's Dinner being kept alive within your family. There is so much about this menu, walnut soup, red cabbage braised in wine, that sounds absolutely delicious and we do hope that the weather will be cold and foggy to do true justice to all of this comfort food.

    Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christa,

    It sounds good to me! Last night I was coming home and saw a family of deer, at the side of the road, and once I had to wait, at the same spot, for 16 deer to cross the road!

    Good luck with the meal... it's all part of one's traditions. Jellied chanterelles sounds intriguing... I can't imagibe how you would make that!

    Happy sharing your delicious food! I want to come! As long as the venison is not dry!!!!

    ANNA

    ReplyDelete