Friday, October 7, 2011

New Floor

We needed a new floor in the entry -
here is what it looked like after removing the old floor

As always hubby and the boys helped me
but as you know boys love playing so...


they did a kind of race - here you can already see
who is going to be the winner


Does it fit?


I think it does...

And that is what it looks like now! I love it - sorry the picture is a bit dark...

We had the entry floor renewed sometime in June. Here is a sneak peak of what it looks like now. 

Today I am busy with shopping and preparing. Tomorrow a big crowd will come for dinner (13 people to be exact) and that's the menu:

Bruschette with tomato and basil
Bruschette with goat cheese, pesto sauce and honey
Bruschette with tuna paste
Homemade grissini
♥
Fish with olive tapenade and bacon (warm)
Salad from the market
♥
Homemade ravioli filled with dried pears
Sauce made with butter, onions and sage
Cheese produced in the Alps
♥
Meatloaf stewed in red wine with various veggies
(hubby does that - and I tell you it is the best ever!!!)
Homemade mashed potatoes with nutmeg
Red cabbage sauteed in red wine with cinnamon and star anise (my grandma's recipe)
♥
Various cheeses
♥
Pannacotta with pears (the recipe is on my blog)
♥
Coffee
♥♥♥

In between the courses we will dance in the entry - that is great isn't it?

I love cooking for many people! The more the better!

Well, I hope your Friday is a happy and busy one as well!


♥ Emilie's daughter ♥

2 comments:

  1. My dear enjoy your entry, I will do it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the dinner.

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emilie's daughter! :)

    Luana greeted me of your side and told me I gotta go on your page again. :)

    Well, I've to admit that it sounds so delicious... it's mostly to good to be true. It makes me just a bit sad that I didn't get an invitation. But I know, that's life. ;)

    Enjoy your meal and especially have a good time!


    Greets from Spain

    ReplyDelete