Monday, October 22, 2012

La Pobbia - Ballenberg part III





La Pobbia is, until now, the most extensive project ever realised at Ballenberg. The estate belonged to the widespread economic system of the so-called rural capitalism in Northern Italy. From the middle of the 18th century up to the 20th century, 21 hectares of land were farmed. 
If you are interested to learn more read here.

Tobacco leaves drying under the roof. I adore the laundry drying in the sun!








 I love long tables with lots of space for dishes and food and people - I know in those days food was scarce though.











The museum is decorated with lots of love and an eye for the detail. Many beautiful, valuable items are being displayed. I was a bit worried about them as they could easily packed in a bag or rucksack and carried out of the museum. A museum attendant explained me though, that hardly ever anything gets stolen! Hear, hear! There are still some honest persons on this world!


Italy makes me always hungry and the same applies to the Italian part of Switzerland. 
Luckily it was time for some air-dried meat from the region and a glass of white Merlot wine:



We will pay a visit to the neighbors soon and will follow our nose:


♥ Emilie's daughter 

pics by me

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures just like old times.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...die Bilder sind einfach super Klasse...

    Lg Pünktchen Punkt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely place, it would have been a hard life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dieses Museum ist ein Schatz!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the neutral colours and natural materials. Colours are lovely. Looks like a great place to visit.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great museum love your photo's, I love old work tools so my favourite picture is of the old saws.
    MMMmmmmm cold meats and wine too :-)
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christa! I find it hard to believe all this exists outside of Italy, but maybe I shouldn't be surprised! Look at all the wonderful Brownstones (TALL, 3-4 STOREY BEAUTIFUL HOUSES IN NY!) in America! They were mostly built by hard working Italian and they are architectural masterpieces (almost Victorian.)

    I love the "casale" or farmohouse. The tools and the furniture must date back to the end of the 1800s. Wonderful stuff! A real "trip" in the past, which allows us to look at country life in Northern Italy, in those days.

    My Italy was and is very different from that! Very modern and high tech! But you can tell by looking at the museum that we were a style conscious lot even then!

    I, too, love the long table and the chairs. There's only one thing: Italians never sit at a table which has not been set and laid properly: no tablecloth on the table, even just for a daily meal or a quick supper is a big "NO NO!" If you ever had a meal in an Italian home, in Italy... any part of Italy, there would always be a table cloth on the table. But maybe, in those days they didn't... don't know!

    Thank you very much, Christa, for a delightful post. You have so much love for my country and I would like to thank you for that. You make my Italian heart feel very warm... and those air died meats are to diev for! My kind of snack!

    BIG MASSIVE HUGS
    TANTI ABBRACCI

    ANNA
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ηallo Christa!What a wonderful place to visit!I love your photos!Italy is a fantastic country!Thank you for sharing with us!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The style is very different to the previous farmhouses. Your meal looks delicious and a great way to end your visit to such a lovely place.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post.^^
    Maybe follow each other???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos:) I love a big long rustic table also!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Madonna fresco, so, so beautiful! Interesting they had a Madonna in the work room too. Looks like it was a lovely place to visit. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. A mi me encanta su plato de tapas!! I love your "tapas"-plate, it makes me sooo hungry! =) ok, let´s go take some jamon from the fridge.. ;)

    ReplyDelete