Monday, February 3, 2014

My personal film festival... and I am so amazed!

I have had my own film festival last week. I love going to the cinema and - I may sound a bit odd - I love going alone in the afternoon. There are only a few people in the cinema hall and, watching movies when everybody else is at work, has something illegal about it and a kind of luxury!

However, I went to watch:


Inside Llewyn Davies - a comedy drama by Joel and Ethan Coen. 
The music made me dream and so did the actor Oscar Isaac. Read about the story here.



The Wolf of Wall Street - an American black comedy by Martin Scorsese with brilliantly acting Leonardo DiCaprio. It helped me a lot to understand why the financial crisis happened.
Read about the story here.



Philomena - a British-French-American comedy drama by Stephen Frears with Judie Dench and Steve Coogan. A sad (true) story which encouraged me to never loose faith. 
Judie Dench's acting is fantastic! Read more here.



Last but not least: The Italian Opera Nabucco by Guiseppe Verdi, composed in 1841.
Filmed in the world-famous Teatro Scala in Milan. 
The singing and the music was so powerful - a fest for the ears even in the cinema!
Read more here.




Then I would like to thank you all for your comments. I am deeply touched! I do not know for how long I will be posting on. It takes up a lot of time as you all know and life is just so short to do everything one would love to do! I admire everyone of you who comments, takes photos, writes stories, publishes inspirations of so many things, etc. etc. It's incredible all the talents you have out there! 
Thank you so much for sharing it all!

♥  Emilie's daughter ♥ 




12 comments:

  1. Dear Christa.....I do hope that you will find the time etc. to continue posting. I always enjoy reading what you are doing, seeing, celebrating.
    We too, enjoy doing our personal film festivals. In the last year we have done a food film festival, Jane Austin, and Shakespeare. It's nerdy but fun.
    I hope all is going well with you..........*s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you ....It is nice that you had a lovely evening at cinema . Please ,don't leave us ....post when you have a little time ....
    I was wondering again where have you been ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Christa, just keep in touch with blogland, don't be anxious with regular posting...We enjoy your friendship!
    Cinema is one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ach Christa,
    bitte nicht! Du würdest mir wirklich fehlen!
    Poste doch so wie du Lust hast! Egal ob viel oder wenig!!!!!!!
    Sonst muss ich dich ein wenig kitzeln ;-))))
    Mir bist du wichtig, auch wenn wir uns nicht persönlich kennen!
    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Christa - I too go to the cinema alone in the afternoons. H often doesn't want to see a film that I am interested in so I just take myself off.
    I would be sad if you were to leave us for good, but you must do what you need to do for yourself and your family.
    I for one, am always happy to see you, when, and if, you have the time, even if there is a long break in between.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a nice time, I hope you keep going with your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your film festival is a great idea--I'm going to try it!

    You should just post when you feel like it. We'll be here. xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Christa,
    Please please dont go away again. Even if you post once a month or so.
    we will miss you. I will miss you. Your posts are always so lovely.
    The films you watched all look good.
    I will wait for them to arrive on dvd
    I myself, do not like going to the cinema. I also have never been alone. the last time I went to the cinema must be more than 20 years ago.
    sending big hugs.
    kind regards to you all. hugs for you
    your blogging friend val xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christa a great idea I have just watched wolf of Wall Street look forward to watching the rest. Please keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so much fun being introduced to the films you saw. What a wonderful way to spend a day. I too have been thinking about not blogging anymore, but I post something every once in a while. It is working for me now, but I may not continue. I just hate to lose touch with people like you! Of course you must do what is right for you but you would be missed and whatever you decide, I will remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope all going well with you Christa. I've just returned to blogging after quite a long break.
    Kind regards.
    Betty ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Christa

    I have been thinking of you and missed this post when you wrote. I just wanted to say hello and wish you a joyful summer.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete